In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WW2 1911 ACP Remington

johnbrod28johnbrod28 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
I want to make sure my Remington .45 Cal is not a mix match in order to price it accurately. I see the serial number on the frame. It is a common model made in 1943. I broke it down as if for cleaning but see no other numbers. Is there a number on the slide? Thanks.
JB

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    During W W II a number suppliers besides Remington made 1911 A1's for the military. The only way we can know who made your frame is for you to give us the serial number.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want us to help identify your REMINGTON RAND 1911A1, you will need to post clear photos showing all parts & all markings on the slide, frame, & barrel.

Neal
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Generally military 1911 and 1911A1 pistols did NOT have the serial number on the slide .You may ber thinking of the COLT made pistols That for a short period of time DID have this Feature . The serial number was marked on the slide and visible by taking the Firing pin retainer out of the slide. the serial will be partly above the firing pin hole and partly below the hole. again this is COLT made guns NOT R.R. made pistols