In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun sale

BAREFOOTGATORBAREFOOTGATOR Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
IN HAVE HAD A GUN LISTED FOR SEVERAL WEEKS NOW AND HAVE NOTN HAD ANY ACTION. I WAS ADVISED TO RAISE MY PRICE BECAUSE THE GUN IS A CUSTOM BUILT ACKLEY AND I WAS LISTED TO LOW AND COLLECTORS MITE THINK THAT THERE MITE BE A HIDDEN FAULT IN THE GUN, IT WAS BUILT IN THE MID TO LATE 50'S. AND I WOULD CALL THE GUN AT LEAST 90% AND REALLY THINK MORE.WHEN I RELISTED I FORGOT TO PUT A RESERVE PRICE ON THE GUN AND NOW HAS A 300 DOLLAR BID ON A HIGH DOLLAR ITEM. CAN I LEAGLE AS WELL AS MORALLY AND FOLLOW GUN BROKER GUIDE LINES BY USING THE BUY IT NOW MYSELF AND PAYING ALL OF THE FEES SO THAT GUN BROKER BUT I DO NOT LOSE MY BUT BECAUSE OF A STUPID MISTAKE ON MY PART?

THANKS AND GOD BLESS

There is a button on the left side of your key board which will unlock the caps-lock and allow for the use of lower case letters.

Comments

• Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before this gets poofed.... You should sell it to the highest bidder, at what ever the price. Many people don't waste their time looking at reserve auctions. The mistake{if you want to use that term}, was NOT starting it at a price you would accept as a low ball number. If you wish to use the BIN option your self...I just think that may be a little "off center". And I bet you will get LESS action if you do and then relist again. The watchers now will remember you..........JMHO.....
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your question is answered in the FOR SELLERS TUTORIAL:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/EndAuction.aspx

If you end an auction early, you are obligated to sell to the highest price bid at that time.

Having said that, I can assure you that the Internet Police will not raid your home & seize the firearm. But, you undoubtedly will get Bad Feedback from the bidder, &, if he complains to management, they have the power to ban you. Maybe if your gun was stolen, or damaged by water, you might get dispensation.

But, frankly, I don't see folks paying big bucks for nice Ackley's, let alone well used ones. If you really want to sell your gun, ride it out & accept that the highest price bid is the "market price". OTOH, if you feel "If I don't get my price, I won't sell", then end your auction early & accept the consequences.

Neal
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BAREFOOTGATOR,

Please read the Posting Guidelines found under the Gunbroker logo at the top of every page.

Auction questions are reserved for the Admin on the Auction side not Ask the Experts or other Gunbroker forums.

Best.