In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shakesphere Parabow Model B-3

thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Ask the Experts
I was at the flea market and found one, slightly used, in the original box with all accessories and documentation.

It's old (1950ish?) and I was interested in the history behind it but so far my internet searches have turned up very little.

Any ideas?

Here are some pics:
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg

Comments

• 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shakespeare was an early pioneer of the application of fiberglas to a variety of sporting applications - fishing rods, golfclub shafts, and archery eqipment, both bows and arrows. Gary Player used their golf shafts very effectively as one of the premier golfers in the late 50's and early 60's. I would think that a collector of archery equipment would be interested is such a complete set.
  • 1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could not hazard a guess on value but will add the following from a general perspective. The set looks all complete...huge plus. It appears very little used..around 95% or so. The fiberglass shows NO crazing or anything approximating use...it's just in remarkable shape. Box is a little beat, but they are rarely as nice as the contents. Likely not a huge market out there, and value would be relatively low compared to perhaps an Early Fred Bear bow, but still the collector of 50's sporting ephemera a and Shakespear stuff in general would likely go gaga over that. Not sure GB is the best venue to sell it...perhaps Fleabay in this case because of the wide interest exposure it would get. Very neat.