In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need help identifing and valuing AR-15

coopdvillecoopdville Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
I recently traded a couple guns i no longer wanted for this AR-15 from a private buyer. I believe I got a good deal because the true value of the two rifles I traded added up to around $600. However , I cannot find literature about this AR. Ive searched numerous sites only to find models that are similar, but they are topping the $1000 mark. I was told by the seller that its value is around $700, and he was willing to take a hit on the trade because he wanted my gun more. He said he took it to the range to fire only once, and after taking a better look , it looked as if it had never been fired. It has Olympic Arms ,Cal. Multi, Mod. M.F.R.,S# SM56**. The barrel has SS 556 etched on top near gas block. Is there anyone who can tell me more about this rifle and its real value ? [img][/img]http://img851.imageshack.us/i/dscn0461j.jpg/[img][/img]http://img195.imageshack.us/i/dscn0455u.jpg/[img][/img]

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    One sold for $850 on auction 213512538.
    There are 12 pages of completed auctions for them, if you want to go through them .
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Olympic Arms AR 15 chambered in 5.56 nato. They are a good AR manufacturer but nothing special value should be in the $700-$800 range.
    You got a pretty good deal on it around market value provided it was brand new. What were the other two guns you traded it for??
  • coopdvillecoopdville Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite1015
    Olympic Arms AR 15 chambered in 5.56 nato. They are a good AR manufacturer but nothing special value should be in the $700-$800 range.
    You got a pretty good deal on it around market value provided it was brand new. What were the other two guns you traded it for??

I gave a beatup model 700 30-06 synthetic and a ruger 10/22
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $700 around here all day long.

CP
  • coopdvillecoopdville Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replys everyone . One more question .. does anyone know what the SM stands for ? Does it stand for "Service Match" ? Or is this just part of the serial # ?