In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ruger sr9c

tone59tone59 Member Posts: 672 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
i would appreciate any comments on the reliability of the ruger sr9c.also will someone tell me if the blackened slide version is stainless?

Comments

• Options
    CSI21CSI21 Member Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I havent shot the compact, and the slide is stainless according to Ruger. The regular size shot well and I imagine the smaller will too. They have had some problems, but probably worked out by now as most new things have problems when they first come out.
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My experience is with the sr40c, not the 9, but they're still the same gun. I cannot say enough good things about it. Buy it, You will love it. After break in, reliability will rival a glock or ak47. At least, mine is.
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've put a couple thousand rounds through mine, never a hiccup .
    It does throw brass in a random pattern.
    I recently replaced the rear sight with an Ameriglo all black fixed one, giving me a much better sight picture .
    I had the stock trigger bar replaced( by a Ghost factory rep) with a Ghost rocket 3.5 lb., after a half dozen trips to the range I took it out and put the Ruger factory one back in. The original unit actually feels much better to me.
    Some folks are still saying that the SR9c is having "problems" maybe they did at first release, but I've had mine for a year and a half and , so far , it has been excellent.
    Also really like the 10 round carry mag. and the 17 rounder with the grip adapter for high volume shooting.
    I would buy another , maybe a 40 , without hesitation.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is is considered blackened stainless and yes an excellent gun all the way around.