In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 42 experts

laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in Ask the Experts
Local gun shop has a first year plain barrel skeet gun that has me puzzled---- it has deluxe wood (correct checkering), and the stock is a Monte Carlo (no cheekpiece) stock! Looking through available literature I cannot find any reference to Monte Carlo stocks as an option--in any grade of 42.
Was this feature available?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a 50's vintage Model 12 locally. It came with great looking, highly figured, deluxe wood. I always figured, one of the previous owners had swapped out the stock and forend.
  • Options
    The JaegerThe Jaeger Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You first year gun should have a serial number between 1 and 16281. Per The Winchester Model 42 by Ned Schwing, Monte-Carlo stocks were a special order item for the model 42. Page 87 shows serial# 159,866 with a MC stock.
  • Options
    The JaegerThe Jaeger Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You first year gun should have a serial number between 1 and 16281. Per The Winchester Model 42 by Ned Schwing, Monte-Carlo stocks were a special order item for the model 42. Page 87 shows serial# 159,866 with a MC stock.
  • Options
    laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your responses.