In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 521-T Junior Special missing Lyman part

dblodgettdblodgett Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
Here's another rifle from my father-in-laws estate - it's a 521-T but I believe it's missing a part to the Lyman sight (noticeable in the 3rd photo) - are these parts still available?

I got a real kick out of the instruction manual parts page - most of the parts are listed at 15 cents (not sure the photo is clear enough to read that)

Any thoughts on what this rifle might be worth? thanks in advance for any advice,
-dave

js0.jpg
js1.jpg
js2.jpg
js3.jpg
js4.jpg
js5.jpg
js6.jpg
js7.jpg
js8.jpg
js9.jpg
js10.jpg

Comments

• DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any apature should work, because most have the same thread. Look on the auction side or other sites
  • HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't worry about the missing aperture. They are a $10 to $15 item and as Dokey said most will fit the ;threaded hole in the sight. The apertures come with different size holes and different overall disc sizes. I would let the buyer get the one that suits him. The rifle can be shot fairly accurately by just aiming through the threaded hole.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    "and as Dokey said most will fit"...........I wish, there are several thread paterns, check with your local gunshops. or if you sell, sell it as/is.
  • dblodgettdblodgett Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies guys - I'll clean it up with some ballistol as suggested in another thread and sell as-is.

thanks again,
    -dave
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apertures'N'More has replacements to fit it for $10. Worth $300 to $450 depending on how the stock cleans up in my opinion. I use TruOil to touch up these Remington stocks. Usualy blends in almost perfect. Wipe on bad places and immediately wipe off. If you let it dry it will be shiney and not match. Wipe off right away and usualy matches well. Won't hurt to go over the whole stock. Will remove dirt also.