In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sears 300. win mag

ethanethan Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
i just purchased a sears 300. win mag...can anyone tell me anything about it and the ammo i should use with it?

Comments

• Options
    Mike FinkMike Fink Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ethan- Are you sure it is a 300 Win Mag. If it says just 300 Magnum on it, it could be a 300 H&H magnum. You should check that first. The old FN actioned mausers were often marked that way. Old FN Sako rifles particularly.Best,Mike
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sears subcontracted their firearms out from different manufacturers. Probably best if you could post quality photos of the rifle. One of our members might be able to discern who the manufacturer was.

As far as the cartridge it fires? If you have any doubts about the rifle, regarding it's chambering? Take it to a competent gunsmith for a chamber cast, head spaceing, inspection and test firing. We have no way on the net, to answer your question(s) regarding the condition and safety of your rifle.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Ethan- I just bought a Sears coffee maker. Can you tell me how it works and what grind of coffee I should use?

Don't mean to make so much fun of your post, but I couldn't help it.
    When asking questions here; the experts are not clairvoyant. A Sears gun is what you have as far as anyone can tell from your description; as far as what caliber it actually is, is anyone's guess.
    Read the sticky about posting pics, or find an older copy of Numrich Arms Gun Parts catalog and look at the model number on your gun compared to the other manufacturers (there are almost endless variations of "big name" makers that created guns for other outlets, like Western Auto & Sears).