In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SCHMIDT & BENDER SCOPE ?

GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Ask the Experts
https://www.GunBroker.com/item/779383204

Anyone have info on this scope as to what it is for, age, anything? It has a rail built into the scope for mounting.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If none of are folks can help. Go to S & B's, web site. Click on the English flag on the top of the page. And send them a e-mail. Giving all information, you have on the scope.

They only have been in business, since the 50's. So likely, they would be able to give you the skinny on it. It's not like the pre W W II scopes. Where all the info, has been lost or destroyed.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks rufe -hopefully someone will know -
    I will try that though if no one chimes in -
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Years back. I use to have, a Costa Mesa AR 180. With a similar scope mount. The protruding finger was spring loaded. You compressed it against a shoulder on the top of the receiver. And then pivoted the scope and mount forward to lock into the top of the receiver.

I'm not saying, your scope and mount are for the AR 180. But if the finger sticking out is spring loaded? It appears to have been made for a similar application.

Ar180%20scope%20mount%20spring%20L.jpg
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Schmidt and Bender has always built every component of their scopes in house. Only manufacturer in the world to do so. They are the people to ask. Attach photos to your email.