In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

German stick pins & badges

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in Ask the Experts
I have 7 pins/badges and 4 stick pins from world war II. Where can i find what they are worth?

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Post a few photos. Member p3skyking has a good grasp of the market values for this sort of memorabilia
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your going to need high quality close-up photos. Both sides, like Mark noted. What ever you do, don't get your hopes up. Lot of that stuff is post war made, for flea markets. To bamboozle the sheeple.
  • the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1
    There is some very good fake stuff coming out of the Ukraine lately also....some of it is very hard to pick out as fake...you must know what you are looking at....they have a whole industry doing it and they are getting increaseing better at it. They pass it off as "dug up".....

I no longer buy anything unless I know where it came from, which means a lot of time right from the vet that brought it home, but sadly, these great man are passing very fast, so its getting harder it find stuff that has no doubts about being real....
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Need some photos.
    Tinnies are the day pins. Usually made of zinc or brass, they were sold at party rallies to raise a few marks for the cause. They usually have an art deco Volk theme and a date (day or year). Up until recently they were inexpensive enough ($15) that they weren't faked very much.

The stickpins are a whole different animal. They are service devices worn by retired or current members that have a connection. Anything from a Luftwaffe eagle, a wound badge in miniature, a Todt Organisation symbol, to an SS regiment. They have been faked, but someone with experience with the real deal can usually tell. They can be quite expensive for what are.

Even the standard NSDAP enameled pin (Standard red, white, and black NAZI party pin) has been faked, sometimes quite well, goes for just under a hundred bucks.

Whatcha got?
  • GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here are some pictures. Some are not good, I will try to upgrade them later.

This first pin appears to be painted; it is not enamel. On the front is:NATIONAL-SOZIALISTISCHE-DAP. Above the pin on the back is RZ over M; all in a circle. Below the pin is: M1/102.

[img][/img]Dap1-1.jpg

[img][/img]Dap1-2.jpg

The second pin is enamel. On the front is:NATIONAL-SOZIALISTISCHE-DAP. Above the pin on the back is RZ over M; all in a circle. Below the pin is: M1/34.

[img][/img]Dap2-1.jpg

The third pin is enamel. On the front is: Deutlches Rotes Rrpuz Helferin. There are small swastikas between these words. On the back above the pin is GES.GESCH (the first G is hard to see).

[img][/img]Deut1.jpg

[img][/img]Deut2.jpg

Next is another enamel pin. Around the top edge is: ABBEITS and around the bottom edge is DANK. At the bottom of the back is: GES.GESCH.

[img][/img]Abb1.jpg

[img][/img]Abb2.jpg

Next is a shield shaped stickpin with a black cross with a white swastika. This appears to be painted on metal. On the back is: HOFFSTATTER BONN and GES.GESCH.

[img][/img]CrossPin1.jpg

[img][/img]CrossPin2.jpg

Next is a stickpin with a knight in armor holding a sword. I think this brass. Below the knight is: CIVIS ACAD-ALB. I don't see any markings on the back.

[img][/img]Knight1.jpg

[img][/img]Knight2.jpg

Next is a stickpin with an eagle with a cross and a swastika. On the back is: GES.GESCH.

[img][/img]Eagle13.jpg

[img][/img]Eagle31.jpg

[img][/img]Eagle21.jpg

Next is a stickpin shaped like a bird (falcon or eagle?) with a silver swastika and a red cross. No writing on the front. The back is marked GES.GESC.

[img][/img]Falcon11.jpg

[img][/img]Falcon21.jpg

[img][/img]Falcon31.jpg

Next is an enamel pin. At the top on front is: Freie; bottom front: Schivelternlchaft. No markings on the back. It looks like brass or bronze. It is heavy.

[img][/img]Freie1.jpg

[img][/img]Freie2.jpg

Next is a pin I have seen described as 'Oak Leaves'. In a banner across the lorer part is: EIFELVERIN. on the back is: AD.SCHWERDT, GRAVIERUPRAGE, ANSTALT, and STUTTGART. This looks like pewter.

[img][/img]Oak1.jpg

[img][/img]Oak2.jpg

Next is a lightweight pin (aluminum?) showing a laborer, a scholar, and a farmer. At the top is: TAG DER ARBEIT and at the bottom is 1935. On the back is ERHARD & SOHNE A.G and SCHWAB.GMUND.

[img][/img]Tag11.jpg

[img][/img]Tag21.jpg
    edited November -1
    Okay, I don't know how you did it, but you managed to put the NSDAP pin EXACTLY in position to determine it is GENUINE!
    The rest are too blurry to even tell what some of them are, but offhand I'd say they're probably ALL genuine and you've hit a mini gold strike.

You can search the web or get one (or two) of Robin Lumsden's Third Reich militaria books to tell you what each one is and from there. Search the militaria websites to determine going value. Knock about 30% off that and you get real world trading price.

Good luck!
    edited November -1
    There are two of the NSDAP pins, one looks to be painted and one enamel. Any thoughts on value? Thanks!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Gunswapper
    There are two of the NSDAP pins, one looks to be painted and one enamel. Any thoughts on value? Thanks!

I'd ask between $75 and $100 for the enamal and between $50 and $75 for the painted, but that's just the way I roll. Double check with the militaria websites since I don't really stay THAT current.
    edited November -1
    Can you give me the websites to check? Thanks!
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by Gunswapper

I'd ask between $75 and $100 for the enamal and between $50 and $75 for the painted, but that's just the way I roll. Double check with the militaria websites since I don't really stay THAT current.

I agree with p3skyking's assessment......the party pins are rather common but it seems that you have the RZM marks on them so they are most likely real. The enamel pins are more valuable than the painted ones, and the gold party pins are the most valuable. The values given are about right. I think you have a good haul here and you should go on the internet and do some research on each of the tinnies.....you might be surprised on values. Good luck[:)]
    edited November -1
    What websites should I check??