In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

LaRue, American Defense or Burris QD Mounts??

jeronimojeronimo Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
Looking to mount a 1" tube scope on my Sig Sauer 716, which mount is recomended and why for each one mentioned? Thank you, J.

Comments

• M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    AD is USA made, as good as LaRue and cheaper. Burris is made in china.
  • T J McGillT J McGill Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget to look at A.R.M.S mounts, rugged, reliable and always retains zero no matter how many times you remove and re-install your scope. I would rank LaRue right there with A.R.M.S., haven't sold or used American Defense as of yet. Burris, seams to be ok for a cheaper mount, the jury is still out though, I'm not convinced their locks on the throw levers are going to hold up, fit and finish is good. My suggestion is, if you are going to be changing out optics on a regular basis, I would spend the extra coin on A.R.M.S. or LaRue, if you are just going to be running just a scope I would believe any of them will be ok.
  • 1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    American Defense. I've extensive experience with AR QDMounts and although I like LaRue, I would opt for AD as they are less expensive and their locking levers are patented and in my exp, absolutely re mountable without loss of zero.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    jeronimo,

if you must have the quick lever detach, LaRue is the way to go. If you just want to be able to take your scope on, and off, with the aide of a 1/2" wrench or socket, then I suggest a good pair of the extra high rings from Badger, or Nightforce, especially if you are looking for rock solid accuracy.

Best