In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Model 94 long barrel(24 inch)

gator1332gator1332 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
I purchased a 1987 model 94ae long barrel(24 inch). I have been able to find very limited info on this gun. I do know it was only manufactured for 1 year 1987-88 by United States Repeating Arms Company in New Haven, Conn. Anymore info someone might have as to how many were manufactured, rare or not, and maybe a value would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• gator1332gator1332 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks but that is a newer model 94. That model has a tang safety with checkering. Mine has neither. Can anyone tell me publications to look in for information or maybe someone that might have more knowledge than I. thanks
  • deerhidedeerhide Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems to me I read somewhere these late model 94ae and 94ae xtr rifles were made with no safety, with tang safety and with 'push through button' receiver safeties. My ae xtr is; 7-30 Waters, has no safety and is checkered, my 18 inch bbl. 30-30 trapper ae is plain wood and a push through safety.Both were made in the 1980's.
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In answer to gator1332's question, to the best of my knowledge, there is no publication or document that has the information you seek. The U.S. Repeating Arms Company (USRACo) began in doing business in May, 1981, got into financial difficulty in the early 1990s, was acquired by Fabrique Nationale (FN) Herstal in late 1992, and was permanently shut down in March of 2006. The records were either turned into the BATF, or were retained by FN Herstal. The current entity using the trademarked WINCHESTER name is the Browning Arms Company, which is a subsidiary of FN Herstal. Browning Arms formed a Winchester division, and they have been producing "Winchester" brand firearms since 2008.
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by deerhide
    Seems to me I read somewhere these late model 94ae and 94ae xtr rifles were made with no safety, with tang safety and with 'push through button' receiver safeties. My ae xtr is; 7-30 Waters, has no safety and is checkered, my 18 inch bbl. 30-30 trapper ae is plain wood and a push through safety.Both were made in the 1980's.

Close, but no cigar.

The USRACo introduced the "AE" in 1984. The cross-bolt (push through) safety was first introduced in 1992/1993, and the tang safety was introduced in 2003.