In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Box magazine for Model 98 Mauser

llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
I know a few years ago that someone made a 20 round box magazine for the model 98 Mauser. It replaces the floor plate and is a part that is fixed and must be loaded from the top. As I can't possibly afford a vintage part, but I thought someone made a reproduction of it any answer would be greatly appreciated. My Mauser was converted to .308 in Haifa of all places, any ideas?

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Potty mouth bubba K98 20 round trench magazine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vmNfLR3IbE

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/mauser20roundtrenchmagazine.aspx

I would just 5 round clips myself.
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Isrealis used a lot of M-98s and converted many to 7.62X51, this is probably one of them.
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you, I always wanted one too lazy to use all these strippers 1 at a time.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Numrich still sells them too and they are repos of the old trench magazines. They fit certain 98s. I bought one not to long ago.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 62fuelie
    The Isrealis used a lot of M-98s and converted many to 7.62X51, this is probably one of them.

This bends the thread a little, but the Israelis used a lot of ex-German stuff when Israel was a new country. They also used a lot of U.S. and British stuff, especially M1/M2 Carbines, and Sten guns. The kibbutz' had all of the above weapons in profusion. The Israelis also used captured Bf-109's, and I once read an interesting article that was written by a WW2 American pilot who had flown P-51's. He had been hired by the Israelis, and found himself in the ironic position of flying a Messerschmitt for the Israelis against Spitfires flown by the Egyptians.

The Israelis still use a lot of captured stuff in a secondary role. In the late 1990's, they contracted with the Bulgarians for a large amount of 7.63x39 with non-corrosive primers, for use in weapons that they captured in their various wars with the Arab powers.