In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Scope Turret

dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in Ask the Experts
I bought a "Lisenfeld" brand German scope on line and missed that a turret adjustment cover was missing. Aside from searching the net does anyone know a source or have a "jury rigged" way of covering the open adjustment dial?

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would use a plastic cap from a bottle, if its a thermo plastic you could heat it and stretch it to fit.
  • navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anything from plastic wrap / rubber band to a cap plastic / metal as suggested. I would look at the junk boxes at a gunshow and gun stores.
    Most likely you would never find an exact fit.
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you could find a turret cap that's slightly larger you could cut a short piece of surgical tubing and stretch that over the turret thread and then screw the larger cap over the rubber tubing.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asphalt cowboy
    If you could find a turret cap that's slightly larger you could cut a short piece of surgical tubing and stretch that over the turret thread and then screw the larger cap over the rubber tubing.

Interesting. Or, could super glue plastic liner inside the smaller turret and do pretty much the same.

I'll be looking through the junk bins too - thanks for the ideas. Glad I didn't send the scope back. [:D]
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you could try posting in the want ads here on GB you never know what one has.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try Docters Riflescopes, I believe they bought what was left of Lisenfeld.
    http://www.eurooptic.com/ContactUs.aspx
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pip5255
    you could try posting in the want ads here on GB you never know what one has.

I didn't even know what I had - old Weaver scope turret covers, the ones off steel bodied scopes, are a near perfect fit. Same diameter, close to same threading. The Weaver caps are steel, the turrets on the Lisenfeld are aluminum and sock down tight. I'll cover the blued steel caps with some alumahyde or flat enamel, good as new. [:)]