In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Another C&R question

TexraidTexraid Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited July 2018 in Ask the Experts
I searched the forum and coudn?t find the answer to this specific question.

If you let your license lapse and re-apply several years later and dispose of a firearm after receiving a new license is that firearm simply logged in as ?from personal collection??
I am assuming the old bound book is no longer valid since you are not required to send it in or keep after a license expires unlike an 01FFL.
I hope that made sense.

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that the answer is in ATF P5300.11, either. I would just do my best to comply with the intent of the law.

When you received your new license, you should have entered all C&R's that you owned, as well as any new ones that you acquire. If you didn't, you can do that now. All your C&R's are from your "personal collection", you just need to retain information on A&D's -- who you got them from, & who you sold them to.

I don't see any reason why you can't resurrect your old A&D book; it's not a legal document, just the easiest way to retain information for the rest of your life. (I put a note on mine: DESTROY UPON MY DEATH.)

Neal
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am in exactly that situation and I agree with Neal, that is precisely what I would (will) do.
  • TexraidTexraid Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Neal, good advice and I will do that.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not aware of a requirement to put C&R guns that you already own into your C&R book when you get the liscense. If you sell a previously owned gun while you have the C&R you are supposed to enter it in you book as from your collection and log it out.