In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PISTOL FLAIRS

DAMMITDONDAMMITDON Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
CAN YOU ORDER FLAIRS FOR W.W.2 PISTOL?

Comments

• Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well they come in a variety of sizes and types. You might try a boating supply house or a safety and supply store. Don't think you can order them through the mail.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Roger that. I have bought flare guns and flares at the marina store. They come in different calibers so I don't know if what is common among boaters today will fit your gun. You might also try some of the online milsurp sites.
  • Options
    DAMMITDONDAMMITDON Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1 FLARE IS 1918 FRENCH 27MM AND A GERMAN 26MM WW1.
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Numrich Gun Parts Corp. (a. k. a. Gun Parts, Inc.):
    www.gunpartscorp.com/
    was selling complete military flare guns from various European countries from the more recent past and from WWII. Seems to me I recall that many of those old Euro flare guns use a 37mm flare round, but I'm uncertain. They were also selling conversion inserts so that you can use today's "standard 12-Ga." (whatever that means; I'm just not that familiar with the guns and the flares) marine flare shells, which they were also selling. I don't know if they still sell this stuff, but you can check with them. Oh yeah, you may wisht to go ahead and order their most recent catalog. It's cheap enough and has a lot of useful info and exploded parts diagrams and various parts, widgets and gadgets you didn't know you need :-)

Also, Shotgun News usually has a few military memorabelia and surplus vendors selling stuff like that. And, you might find that stuff from Cheaper Than Dirt: www.{elsewhere}/
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go buy a "12" gage flare gun at a marina if you want to shoot flares. Those guns you got may be worth too much to screw around with. is this one of them? http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H034663.html

Bob
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    26mm or 1" flares are avail about 40/50bucks per 10 look on auction side