In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington date code

peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Ask the Experts
I can't make since of the Remington web site date codes, I have a Remington 1100 410 gauge that looks new but would like to know when it was made. Left side of barrel has r7 or maybe pz (stamp is real light) Serial # is R267098H. Maybe someone can help me. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    [?]How do I read the date code on remington rifle barrels. I just bought a new unfired take off and am interested in its age.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a remington 700 with a wzr7 date code, where is the website where i can check this out. i have used it before, but now i can't find it.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone post the chart for Remington date codes? I believe I've seen it here.
    Thanks-Pete
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in english, thank a soldier.
    Thanks Dad!!!!
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Per the Blue Book. Either June of 1975 or June of 2005.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would thank 2005 because mine has the extended chock tubes (3 screw in) Thanks
  • Options
    vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 296 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the letter "p" is derived from the words black powder (twelve letters). the "p" being the sixth letter would mean it was stamped in the month of june. the letter "z" comes from the date of manufacture information published by Remington arms and is correlated to the year 1975. that is how I interpret the date of manufacture information. just a guess but I think your shooter left home around june of 1975
  • Options
    vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 296 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stand corrected. I was unaware that the letter "z" was later used in 2005
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the info on the fine little "410"