In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question Regarding Return of a Firearm and FFL's

archie360archie360 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
I need to return a rifle to a seller for repair. Neither buyer or seller have an FFL. I would like to know if I need to send it to his dealer or if I could send it directly to the seller who will be performing the work.

Also, when the rifle is returned, will it have to go FFL to FFL and perform a NICS check again?

I've heard conflicting information on this and would really appreciate your thoughts.

Comments

• 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I take it you recieved the rifle from YOUR FFL. You can send it back yourself- to HIS FFL. When the rifle is repaired, it CAN come back directly to you- FROM his FFL. No transfer of ownership.

If you sent the rifle TO a FFL for repair, he can return the same weapon, or a like kind replacement directly to you. Do NOT send rifle directly to seller if he is not a FFL, and it crosses a state line. However, he is going to need to work that out with his FFL. While it complies with 18 USC 922, FFL may not want to- and it is his option.