In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt 1903 .32 acp question urgent reply please

skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
edited October 2011 in Ask the Experts
Are the black rubber grip panels numbered to the gun? I have to make a fast decision between 2 guns. the choice is more finish and wrong grips or less bluing and original black rubber grips.

Comments

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Nope, not numbered.
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree with Mike.. Not numbered from the factory..
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Go with the better condition gun then be patient and check the web sites for grips. you can replace grips easier then getting someone like Doug Turnbull to restore worn pistol
  • MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I totally agree with PerryShooter. The Colt in better condition will be a better value than the one with correct grips.

Aaron
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies guys. The decision was made for me as by the time I got back to the sale with cash the better condition gun with aftermarket grips was gone. I am happy to say I did score the one with the original black rubber grips which was the older pistol. The bluing is pretty thin but there is no rust. I'm looking forward to giving it a good cleaning tomorrow and finding out date of manufacture for serial #158xxx. Thanks again gentlemen![:)][:)][:)]

Looks like this was 1913 vintage Type III and the one I missed might have been a type 4.