In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A bolt

kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
I know I come up with unimportant posts, but as I have never shot a Browning A bolt much I would like to here some opinions as to the overall quality and accuracy of these rifles

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally don't care for the way they fit me, therefore I don't own any. I do have a friend who loves them and they shoot very well.
  • kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got an A-bolt and an x-bolt. Both nice rifles that would suit you well. If you get a wood stock one, if you breath on it, a ding appears.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have about half a dozen of them and like them very much. As has been said, the stocks won't take much banging around. But if you get a used one, it will already have some dings and scratches so a couple more won't bother you as much. The Medallion is pretty fancy.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    ,,,,,,.22LR,,,,,22mag.,,,,,.223,,,,,,243 Win.,,,,,.30-06,,,,,,.300 Win.mag. in A-bolt,,,,,,

They all shoot 'lights out' ,,,,,,,,,,but must admit the .300 mag. is my 'go to' rifle from a buck field mouse to elk and bear. [;)]

+1...I have original first generation A-Bolts, that are both first year production, in stainless...o in 30-06 that was my late father's, and one in 300 Win Mag. That 300 Winchester has slayed some whitetail, and elk.
  • texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got an older A Bolt Stalker in 338WM. Trigger is very good factory and it shoots lights out. I like it.....