In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

beretta 950 BS

tone59tone59 Member Posts: 670 ✭✭
edited February 2016 in Ask the Experts
A friend offered to sell a mint (no box) Beretta 950 BS 25acp.
He is asking $210.
I am curious to know what the differences are from the models 950 BS,950 B, 20, and A21.
This one is made in the USA.
Serial# BR70015V.
I would appreciate any model descriptions.
Also, DOM and opinions on value.
Thank You.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 950 is a single action only model. The B has no safety, the BS has one like a 1911. Chambered in .22 short & .25.

The 21A is slightly larger to accommodate .22 LR, but a .25 model is also available.

Not familiar with a 20.

MVC-005F-1.jpg

You can check completed auctions for price, but it's difficult to compare since there are variations in country of manufacture, finish, & type of grips.

Neal

EDIT: This .22 short 950B is rare; it was made in Brazil:

beretta950B.jpg
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The 20 and 21 are both double action, the 20 being the predecessor of the 21 and discontinued in around 1985. The 20 had a high polish finish and has some collector interest. Unlike Italian made pistols, which can be dated by decoding their proof stamps, the only way to date a US made Beretta is to write to Beretta USA and request they search the serial number for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DOM not really important.
    Model question well covered.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The model 20 is basically a double action version of the 950, in .25 acp only.
    The model 21 is much larger than the 950 or 20, and was available in .22 LR and .25.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having had all of the above,every one of mine worked fine,my wife still carries a model 20 in her purse and it has never failed to function with any ammo. Love those little dudes.
  • Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that's money in the bank on that. beretta no longer makes the little pocket guns. I have owned and still own a few of the different models, and every one of them has run 100%.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just as an aside form all the great information, that has already been shared, they also made the Model 950, in 22 Short. I do believe that they made it in the 950B model, on the other side of the pond, and the 950 BS model on this side of the pond.
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..I carried a 950 BS in .22 short for a long time. I traded it straight up at a gun show for a Phoenix in .22 LR. I got the poorer deal but the .22 short was pretty wimpy. In other words, I traded the Beretta for a $100 gun. The Beretta never skipped a beat through thousands of rounds and several years. I would imagine that the rimless .25 would be flawless in feeding and firing. The price doesn't seem out of line.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bought it.
    Like it a lot.
    Thanks for the input.