In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Blowback Tokarev AR

plautusplautus Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in Ask the Experts
FHE only, please.

I'm looking to build an AR chambered for 762x25 (Tokarev) in a blowback config, like the Colt SMG

I've already figured out the 9mm bolt fits the round just fine.

I figure the issues are the feeding/ramp and the barrel.

Recoil on the ammo shouldn't be much different than 9mm, based on the pressure etc, I can use the same 9mm bolt for delay.

Tok is loaded to about 2500 bar. Regular 9mm is 2350bar and 9mm+P is 2650bar and the Colt RO635 handles +P ammo just fine.

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I figure the main issue is the magazine.
    Are you going to set it up for a PPSh magazine or some such?

Balancing a blowback action in an AR frame is not a simple process, I have seen many many malfunctions.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a lot of Polish PPS 43 magazines around, as Radom has been making them for the U.S. market.

Your main problem as I see it, is going to be the barrel. Although there are 7.62 X 39 barrels available. They are not going to work for the 7.62 X 25 cartridge. You somehow are going to have to obtain, one of these barrel blanks. Before it has been chambered, and the gas hole drilled. Than have it chambered for the 7.62 X 25.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1