In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Identify this sight

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in Ask the Experts
I need help identifying this sight. It has two notches, one marked 300 and the other marked 600. The only other marking I see is a 5 visable to the right side of the taller leg (the one marked 600)when looking down on the top of the notch. The last picture is my best attempt to show the 5. I cannot get a clear picture of it. Any info will be appreciated.

[img][/img]DSCF10722.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF1070.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF1071.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10731.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10562.JPG

Comments

• GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of these sights. No markings nothing to identify them.
    The windage and elevation screws work on them.
    It is 7/8" long, 3/4" wide and the widest area of the dove tail is 15/32".
    They were in the bottom of a box. Nothing on the box just "Misc. Sights".

Can you gentlemen identify it.

100_9674_zpsr7pp1xno.jpg

100_9675_zpsrszhzx8y.jpg

100_9676_zps21ubcgaf.jpg

100_9677_zpsbqrffoxf.jpg

100_9678_zpsik4fzeer.jpg

100_9679_zpsm9ychlrs.jpg
    edited November -1
    I thought I had asked before but can't find the post so here goes. I need to know what this rear sight is for. The right prong (looking from the rear) is spring loaded.when squeezed together the tit on the left prong extends through a hole in the right prong. The tit is not threaded so something on the sight base must hold it closed. On the bottom of the left prong there is an "N", an "H", a "J" in a circle and the number "58.9".On the bottom of the right prong is a mark I can't make out followed by the number "569". This measures about 3" long, 5/8" wide at the front and 1 1/16" wide at the rear when compressed. Any info as to manufacturer and rifle model will be appreciated.

[img][/img]Site41.jpg

[img][/img]Site11.jpg

[img][/img]Site21.jpg

[img][/img]Site31.jpg
    edited November -1
    I ran across a couple of these rear sights in my parts bins and would like to get them identified so I can list them on the auctions. The only markings I see are a capital "E" on each side of the slide. Any info as to what gun they fit and approximate value will be appreciated!

[img][/img]DSCF10093.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10103.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10113.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10135.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10144.JPG
  • hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Italian carcano
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
    edited November -1
    Which model Carcano?