In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Vintage Redfield 3-12x scope

DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
When did Redfield make the 3x-12x A/O variable with Accu-Range feature. The A/O goes from 50 yds to infinity. It has a high gloss finish. I have a 1970 redfield catalog and a 1965 and 1972 Parker Bros catalog, and only the 4x-12x scopes are mentioned in each

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was not untill the mid 80's-early 90's when they introduced those. They came out after they perfected their "Ultimate Illuminator", which was a 3-12x56.

They needed a lower cost, more cost competitive scope to compete with Burris.

Best

EDIT 1:

Dokey,

No, I did not say it was the Ultimate Illuminator with the 56mm objective. They came out with yet another model that was 3-12x, but 40 or 42mm on the objective, called the Golven % star, or something liker that. I know which scope you are talking about and it was made mid 80's to early 90's.

Best
  • DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't believe it's one of the ones you're describing because the tube is 1" and the objective bell is about 42mm, nowhere near 50mm