In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Unknown shotgun

legatelegate Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
Hello,

I have a pump-action 12 gauge with a multiple choke changer. The only I.D. on it is TRULINE DELUXE FROM EATONS. Looks like a Mossberg. The choke at the tip of the barrel says, MAGNUM MASTER SHOOTER. I heard that Mossberg had made a line of these (throw away shotguns) I do appreciate it, If you could help me out in this. I am in search of the full breech that is inside it. It was cheaply made with white metal. The one inside is broken.

Thank you.

Comments

• legatelegate Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found a 20ga side by side, 2 triggers, with the word "hibacht" on the top of both barrels. The metal has engraving on it and appears to be heat treated as the color is blue/red..etc. There is no maker name anywhere on it. The barrels have hearts engraved the entire circumference at the receiver. They are about 1/4 ich tall. Inside these hearts is a small symbol similiar to the new orleans saints (fleur de lis). There is quite a bit of scroll type engraving on the gun and it has a small piece of engraved metal on the bottom of the forearm. Anyone have any idea of the maker or value?
  • legatelegate Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I received a muzzle loading double barreled shotgun from my grandfather's estate. It uses firing caps that fit over a nipple. It has the word "Parker" engraved on both side panels just above the triggers.
    I can not find anything that resembles this gun in any literature or books that talk about Parker shotguns. In fact they seem to all say that all Parker shotguns are of a breaktop style, which this one is not, and that they are engraved with text that states the guns were made for Chas Parker. There are no serial numbers visable, and no other markings. I assume this gun was manufactured on or before 1860, but can not be sure.

Can you give me any information, I could email photos of the gun if that would help.

Thanksshotgun-right-side-Parker-e.jpg

shotgun-right-side-copy1.jpg

shotgun-right-side-Parker-e.jpg

shotgun-right-side-copy1.jpg

Shotgun-barrel-engravings-n.jpg

Here is a photo of the barrel engraving that I found after removing the barrel. It does appear to have the "ELG" markings along with a number that appears to be "186", the initials J.V, a "N" with a star above it and a "T" with a star above it. It also has the number "4" on each barrel along with a "44" on the underside of the barrel below the small site. Hope this helps.

Thanks again.

That should help a little...
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRULINE DELUXE FROM EATONS was a house brand name, Stevens made the shotgun, which model I can't say.