In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Any 17 Hornet shooters???

my-handymanmy-handyman Member Posts: 298 ✭✭
edited May 2017 in Ask the Experts
I would like your help! What has been the most accurate bullet weight in your action? I know that each gun will be different, but to try out all the different ammo would cost me more money then I have.
Thanks for your time and any info that you have!!

Comments

• TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Ruger 77/17 stainless shot 20 gr.v-max Hornady ammo very well ,good tight 100 yard groups as long as it was not a gusty day. The lighter stuff ..no joy..the 25 gr just marginally less accurate then the 20 gr.
    Unfortunately it had a bad/ out of round chamber that would allow some rounds to split the brass , spew smoke, and give wild flyers.
    I returned it to Ruger for service, they kept it for over three months, then told me they couldn't replace the barrel because they no longer had any and wouldn't for the foreseeable future.
    They replaced it with a stainless 77 varmint in 204 Ruger,a laser on the range.
  • zimmdenzimmden Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cooper Arms chambered for the 17 AH. Their test target was a three shot one hole group at 50 yds. Their load was with a 20 gr VMax ahead of 1680 powder.