In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Marlin 39 DOM

Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in Ask the Experts
Can't open the Cody link. Ser.#HS 1891 Oct.bbl, faded case rec, but Drilled and tapped barrel.

Comments

• Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the barrel you have I would say you have a 39A made between 1936-39, the model 39 prior to the A had no leter in the serial number. The later Model 39A in 1952 has a leter H as the first letter of the serial number, I think it had a round barrel.

http://wisnersinc.com/additional_info/marlin_LARF_rifles.htm

Emmett
  • Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, the top tang says "39", no A, and it's definetely an oct. bbl.so, I don't know. I'll try to call Marli]
    n.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The change from the "S" prefix to "HS" prefix came about in 1932. You have an early 1930s Marlin...that's about as close as you can get to the actual year of manufacture.
    What's next?
  • Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The early 39 rifles have no prefix on the serial number, I have an early Model 39 no S or HS so it pushed your rifle into next group of rifle manufactured. Like the gentleman said there is no recorded dates of manufacture and I had someone post the date of the one I have by the number manufactured divided by the years manufactured and it cam out to about 1924. Kimi got the H and HS info correct and it is listed in an artical per the link I listed.

Good, luck

Emmett