In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1958 Winchester 94

ToolfogieToolfogie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
Sorry for the double post, but before this disappears off the first page of GD, what would this be worth?

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=567416

Comments

• JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have seen mint 1958 Winchester 94 .30-30 rifles go for between $800-$1000+ however ymmv. In general other contributing factors for value can be the box, manual, parts, previous owner, special run or features etc.

Regards

quote:Originally posted by duckhunter
    Without more info $400.00- $500.00

A 1958 Winchester 94 .30-30 rifle in mint condition where, that would be a good deal?

quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    That rifle in the pictures is a $400.00-500.00 rifle. This in in mint REFINISHED condition. The stock and forarm have been either poly'ed, or shellacked, and the reciever shows signs of being reblued.

Best

The value listed would be for an actual mint condition rifle, not refinished, not altered from its original condition and configuration and cant really be considered mint condition by definition and would significantly lower its value.

Regards
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Without more info $400.00- $500.00
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That rifle in the pictures is a $400.00-500.00 rifle. This is in mint REFINISHED condition. The stock and forarm have been either poly'ed, or shellacked, and the reciever shows signs of being reblued.

Best

EDIT 1

I stand corrected. It could be the way the lighting is, or the settings on my screen,but the top of the screw holes looked dished to me, and the furniture, while showing grain, appeared to glossy. My mistake.

Best
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun looks original to me, and as such, it is in the $800 - $1000 range. It has not been reblued or refinished.