In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Keltec sub 2000

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in Ask the Experts
Questions....best ammo it likes.(9) mm...also where can I get high cap mags? 33 rnds?[:D]

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    9mm FMJ ammo is slowly becoming more available. Over the weekend I was in one of the LGS's that was selling it at $20+ tax a box.

As far as the magazines are concerned, they were made to function with at least 2 different types of mags, that I'm aware of. Glocks and S & W's. You shouldn't have any problem getting Hi-Cap Glock mags, as long as you're willing to pay scalpers prices. The S & W's are another story, Hi-Cap mags actually made by S & W have never been common. Most of them available are made by aftermarket manufacturers, some of very questionable quality.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These will probably run any NATO spec 9mm ball ammo just fine.

In terms of high cap mags, what you want are the Glock 18 magazines. They're out there. You can find them at gunshows, or as many as you care to buy on the auction site here for $50-75 a pop.

Incidentally, these guns were produced in three varieties to take different mags: Glock, Smith and Wesson, and Beretta. The Glock models are most common, I think. Supposedly its fairly easy to modify the guns of one type to take the other mags, though I don't remember how to do it.
  • Lucky007Lucky007 Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had two of the Sub 2000's...they fed all types of ammo well but their design flaws made me sell them. What kind of idiot company makes a gun where all of the sight adjustments are done through a 1 cent piece of brittle plastic for a front sight? I've had other Kel-Tec's (pistols) so i know they have some common sense, but the very interesting Sub 2000 carbines have some very serious issues, although ability to feed ammo isn't one of them.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lucky007
    I had two of the Sub 2000's...they fed all types of ammo well but their design flaws made me sell them. What kind of idiot company makes a gun where all of the sight adjustments are done through a 1 cent piece of brittle plastic for a front sight? I've had other Kel-Tec's (pistols) so i know they have some common sense, but the very interesting Sub 2000 carbines have some very serious issues, although ability to feed ammo isn't one of them.
    That's what I wanted know,if it will feed most 9mm ammo,I know its cheap,thats why I bought it![:o)]
  • TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 9mm Sub 2000 has always fed any type of ammo I've loaded without any problems. Mags are where you find them, gun stores, on-line auctions, gun shows, etc. I prefer genuine Glock mags holding either 17 or 33 rounds. I keep my sub-2000 in a briefcase with a loaded 17 round magazine and an empty chamber. The briefcase also holds a Glock G17 loaded the same as the Sub-2000 and six loaded spare 33 round mags. Whenever I travel, the briefcase goes where I go. It's nice to have it in the seat of the car or on the nightstand at a hotel, or beside me at a meeting. I usually carry concealed, but it's great to have two extra weapons and 232 rounds of 9mm in reserve.