In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HK P7M8 value?

Bazzer69Bazzer69 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited March 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a HK P7M8 here in California that is on excellent condition only having shot less that a hundred rounds. There is some little buffing on the edges of the receiver having been carried in my Milt Sparks IWB holster. Its only been carried on my CCW part time. I have the original box and tools etc.
I can legally sell it to another Californian resident. It not available any longer here in California at any dealer or to buy new.
I was hoping someone might have a idea of it's value
Thanks
Barry

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You didn't mention, if this was the original civilian sales model?

Regardless it has become kind of a cult item, for the wealthy. Like the original Auto Mag. Sell it in California. Because of their restrictive laws. IMHO you will be able to sell it, for top dollar.

My personal experience with them, wasn't positive. In situation red, a ND is virtually guaranteed. No matter what the gunshow commandos say. Every law enforcement agency that issued them, got rid of them pronto.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I LOVE MINE every trigger pull the same and when the slide lock back after last round you drop the mag and then when you push the new full mag home the slide goes forward no need to slingshot the slide for the reload.yes you do need training so much the better [^]

EDIT please come back and give us the auction number when you put up for sale I am interested in it Thanks Perry Shooter
  • Bazzer69Bazzer69 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, mine is the original civilian model. It's a beautiful pistol, but I just don't need it right now and I would like to find a new home for it hence trying to find a value. It will be ideal for someone in California who can't get one from a dealer or out of state.
    I guess I'll just put it on GunBroker auction site with a reasonable reserve price .
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My local Gun Shop in Monterey has one for $2500 with 4 magazines and box (and bits?). About $1500 over what I am happy to pay for a squeeze cocker. Has yours turned "plum"? The dealer stated the $2500 is the "going rate". He had another one a few years back at $1800 which I thought was $900 over priced. That one sold [:0]. Folks are willing to pay the primo prices here in California.

Like to have one but not at the current prices.
    edited November -1
    Rife snow, thanks for the Input, yes mine has turned a little plum, but not that bad. I thought they all did that. The only way you can buy one in California is with a PPT at a FFL place. That makes all but impossible to buy one here. So mine is a exception and can be purchased here in California. I want to sell mine but I don't expect the earth for it. I suspect it's worth between $1500 and $2000 with the Milt Sparks Holster. So I'm going to put it on GunBroker as an auction very soon.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    RUFE, mine proves you WRONG [:0]
    It has never failed to fire or ejected in over 5,000 rounds [^]
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters

I wasn't referring to their reliability, in my original post. But to the negligent discharge problem. In the hands of someone not sufficiently trained with them. Specially in a condition red/panic situation.

I was in the gun business back in the mid 80's, when HK was selling them. Every time I showed one to a customer. They would trip the striker, just picking up the freaken gun.

In my mind, they were so potentially dangerous. I was surprised that the CPSC didn't sue H & K. For making and selling them.

Edit #1, No, I'm talking about your H K squeeze cocker!
    edited November -1
    rufe snow,
    I don't know a lot about pistols, but please explain to me how you could accidentally discharge a P7M8 just picking it up? If you know the pistol at all you should know it is a only cocked when the handle is squeezed and this takes a pressure of about 10lbs. I think you are talking about another pistol
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a P7M10 and we also sold these in the shop I was working at in Los Angeles.

If you are holding the trigger down and squeeze the cocker, the gun will fire. I know this is something no reasonable person would do, but there seem to so few reasonable people out there.
  • richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters

I wasn't referring to their reliability, in my original post. But to the negligent discharge problem. In the hands of someone not sufficiently trained with them. Specially in a condition red/panic situation.

I was in the gun business back in the mid 80's, when HK was selling them. Every time I showed one to a customer. They would trip the striker, just picking up the freaken gun.

In my mind, they were so potentially dangerous. I was surprised that the CPSC didn't sue H & K. For making and selling them.

{CSPC is prevented by law from dealing w/firearms.}

Edit #1, No, I'm talking about your H K squeeze cocker!