In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt Problems

skymanskyman Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Ask the Experts
14 months ago I purchased a 1500.00 paper weight from Colt. Kinda pissed about it. Can't get any help from customer service. Cant't carry or shoot it anymore. New gun with zero support from the great Colt---. I've tried posting on their facebook page---they screen first so my post get deleted. No phone number or email address for anyone other than level one customer service. Anyone have a good email or phone number for their corporate offices or a name of someone other than level one? Thanks

Comments

• skymanskyman Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hummm----got an email that diver-rig sent me an reply. Can't see it anywhere??
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They must have sent you a private msg, that doesn't show up in the forum.

So what is the problem with the pistol?

http://www.colt.com/Contact

It helps to ask nicely. Starting out by dissing their stuff doesn't motivate people to help. You will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

added I can't even find a schematic to see how a spring in the grip handle works. Maybe some aftermarket grips, or glue up the broke ones and wrapped the frame/grips in sticky grip tape. If it's a 3.5" barrel I'd find something else.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You never said what it was you purchased, or what the problem was. There is a wealth of knowledge on these boards that might just be able to get you up and running. Have you tried that?
    edited November -1
    I bought a Colt New Agent DAO. First month I had it the left side grip broke. There is a spring in the grip and without the weapon won't fire. I got them replaced with stock grips. Ten they broke again while at the range---split right down the middle. Colt says---sorry, can't help. I bought this because I wanted a good CCW weapon and it was American red white blue Colt. I expected more from them. I can't get past level one customer service. Pretty much slammed the door. Now I have a paper weight. Should have bought a Sig from the start.
    edited November -1
    That Colt contact gets you no further than level one customer service---but thank you anyways
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to the 1911Forum.com and contact BJT72, Brent.
    He is the Colt Custom Shop contact and has been helpful to posters there.
    edited November -1
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    DID YOU change any parts to non colt factory parts [?] If so Colt will not work on your gun They only support Factory original guns And for good reason
    edit Thanks for answer to my statement . I am both surprised and sadden at the lack of support from Colt and I have no answer except thing have changed since the last direct contact with Colt. They used to have free gunsmith service To the shooters at Camp Perry if it was an original pistol
    edited November -1
    made no changes----all stock
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My suggestion, is to fix the grip, and get rid of the Colt. Look for Para-USA LDA, as that is what Colt tried to copy. The Para LDA, is utterly reliable.

For the reason they tried to copy it, and most likely got caught in a patent infringement deal, is most likely why they will not help you, at this time.

Best