In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ZF39 Jena Zielvier Scope

K98k147K98k147 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to find a Manual or instructions for the use of a ZF39 Jena Zielvier rifle scope, and mounting instruction to mount a Long side rail mount to a mauser K98

Can anyone help
Thanks
K98k147

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    The German Sniper by Senich or Backbone Vol II by Law will answer many of your questions. There are some period pubs available if you read German.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://ww2weaponsforum.com/index.php

Try this site.

The hardest part mounting a LSR is they were intended for a special build receiver that was thicker on the left side.

To allow mounting on any K98k these aftermarket LSR mounts come with an insert to make up that extra metal but since these guns were all hand finished you need to make sure that the insert mates to the receiver not just expect it to fit the contour without some fitting (although getting lucky is nice)

If you are using an original ZF39 after all these years that fine instrument may not hold up to the recoil of a full charge 8MM round.
    I load a lite load for my old glass. 39gr IMR4895 with the 185 Remington bullet throws them out around 1900 FPS making a useful fairly flat shooting bullet for 100 and 200 yard range shooting.

I picked up some inserts for the 26.5Mm rings (mine is a SSR) that will allow me to use a one inch scope so will be getting a Weaver 6X to use full loads. I just do not want to have to send off the scope like some guys I know who have spent $500.00-$1,000.00 to have their original scopes rebuilt after recoil caused them to come apart.

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck