In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How long is your form 1 or 4 taking to to pending?

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in Ask the Experts
The first of February I bought a few suppressors ... a 22LR my dealer had in stock, sent in the form 4 and it went pending in about 2 weeks ... the others he had to order. My SilencerCo Osprey 45 came in late March, I sent in the form 4 on 3/28 and it hasn't gone pending yet!

I just got off the phone with BATFE and they said its taking about 2 months after your check clears for forms to go pending ... anyone else experiencing this?

TIA
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fall-out from the panic. After the Nov. election and the reactions of the left wing press and polls to Newtown. Gun folks had visions of Finestein, Bloomberg & Co., getting everything banned.

Look at the state of 22 ammo. You still got scalpers selling it at $60 + a brick.
  • Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just had 2 form 4s approved. 81/2 months! from the day I sent them in until I got them back. it is nothing short of pathetic it takes this long. they were sent in way before the panic.
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    Sent in form for 22 suppressor. Took exactly 14 weeks before the panic!
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sooeyman2035
    From the time you dropped it in the mail until you had your stamp or until it went pending?

How long before the panic?

The first form 1's I submitted, I had the stamps back in 62 days ... but that was in 2007.

If this was a privite busines they would be out of business.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my form 1 was sent in on 6 Jan, when I called in May to check on it I was told they received it 16 Feb and I shouldn't expect to hear from them intil mid Aug.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimberkid
    quote:Originally posted by Sooeyman2035
    From the time you dropped it in the mail until you had your stamp or until it went pending?

How long before the panic?

The first form 1's I submitted, I had the stamps back in 62 days ... but that was in 2007.

If this was a privite busines they would be out of business.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I meant to say I got the stamp 14 weeks after dropping the form in the mail.