In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 1100 barrels

62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Ask the Experts
Can a 3 inch chambered rifled slug barrel be safely used on a 2 3/4" receiver? How does buckshot perform in the rifled barrel"
TIA
Brian

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't address your specific question, but.....you should know that Remington has been secretly making changes to the specifications for many 1100 parts, including bolts, barrels, & fore ends. The end goal is increased interchangeability with the 11-48.

Unless a barrel came with a given shotgun, you should assume that it will not even fit.

Neal

EDIT: Uh, yes, I meant the 11-87. thanks.
  • JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 2-3/4"receivers are identical to the 3"..(except for the markings).The ejector is on the barrel tang and is located such to eject the 3" empties.. The ejection ports are the same on both receivers.. As to how rifled bores act with buckshot (or any shot for that matter)it will spin the shot and most likely leave a hole in the pattern.. Try it out, I think you'll be surprised..
    JIM..............
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    I can't address your specific question, but.....you should know that Remington has been secretly making changes to the specifications for many 1100 parts, including bolts, barrels, & fore ends. The end goal is increased interchangeability with the 11-48.

Unless a barrel came with a given shotgun, you should assume that it will not even fit.

Neal

Neal, I would think that you meant 11-87??