In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SAA Super posed engraved

kgt1223kgt1223 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
Hello all. Posted this SAA a few years back for my Mom. This 45 came out of my Father's collection and she decided last minute to hang on to it.
she has finally decided to let it go so I'm back with better pics hoping to get some ideas on how price this piece.
Jaz at Colt dated this at approx 1887.

sPYowl.jpg

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Little easier to see.

Appears to be first rate work. Need to know who did the engraving, and other work. To it. Also time frame, it was done. And extreme close-up photos, of all the fine details. And work done on Colt.

sPYowl.jpg
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suggest you get a factory letter from Colt and someone who knows how to photo guns if you don't before you list it. I list my stuff for one cent with no reserve and it works for me but not everyone is comfortable doing that. It is a pretty Colt and should bring good money. The more info you have in your description the better. Good luck.
  • mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright
    Suggest you get a factory letter from Colt and someone who knows how to photo guns if you don't before you list it. I list my stuff for one cent with no reserve and it works for me but not everyone is comfortable doing that. It is a pretty Colt and should bring good money. The more info you have in your description the better. Good luck.

Are there any initials of the engraver on the Colt possibly, look close with a magnifying glass, they may have tried to hide them? Man, that is one Beautiful firearm!

I would take that to a fine Firearm's Auction, to get top dollar for your Mom!