In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mystery p38- need help identifying

boxermachineboxermachine Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Ask the Experts
A friend of a friends gun, sent me these pics. Wondering what variation it is and what I should offer for it. Thanks in advance!

https://imgur.com/a/5FFUA

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I cannot read any markings on it at all. It appears go be correct looking except the takedown lever looks odd and the magazine floorplate looks way too thin.

Whether this is elongation of the photo I don't know.
    Get a white Paintstik and fill in all the marking, then take some good pictures with careful attention on the proofs on the right side of the slide, and the manufacturer data on the left side of the slide.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the 50's/60's, time frame. Many very realistic replicas were made in Japan of Zinc diecastings/potmetal. The were so realistic, that the Japanese government forced the manufacturers to alter them. To be less so.

That said, being Zinc, the slide won't attract a magnet.
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...though there are several markings on it, I can make out only "3551", on the left side of the gun.

0K4tDts.jpg

aZkthFV.jpg

+++++++++++

))))))))))