In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reproduction Civil War Ammunition

66BuickSpecial66BuickSpecial Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
I acquired what I believe to be reproduction Civil War ammunition. It is packaged correctly but the labels do not look original. One pack is 10 cartridges for the Enfield Rifled Minnie or Rifled Musket (conical ball, Columbus Arsenal, Sept. 1864). The other pack is 10 cartridges for the Springfield Arsenal (caliber .58 for the US Rifle, Sept., 1861). There is a code written in the lower right hand of the label. I had one loose round so I opened it up to see what was inside. Anyway, can you advise if this is reproduction ammunition. If it is original, I may have acquired some gems. What would the value be on this ammo (per pack) if it is reproduction and what would the value be if it is original? I do not have the resources locally to address my inquiry. I will post this until I figure out how to attach a photo. This is my first time posting. Thanks.

Comments