In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rhom 10

rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
edited September 2017 in Ask the Experts
Bought a few guns years ago from a friend.
One is a Rhom 10.Anyone know anything about
this "micro" revolver?
It doesn't look safe to shoot

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    Like I said ,it doesn't look to be safe.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RG-10, made by Rohm, GMBH of Sontheim/Brenz. In what was then, West Germany. Sold very inexpensively, ($15/$25), under many different names in the U.S. Prior to the Gun Control act of 1968. Which stopped their importation.

RG10%20AD%20JULY%201960.jpg
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Well ,I've been known to collect junk might as well add this
    to the pile
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

My ex father in law ( #1 ) gave me one of these years ago ! He used to shoot it all the time ( w-.22 shorts ) till the short ammo got a lil more exspensive ??? Yes He was a cheap-* !!!

I have it put up in my safe ? guess I will keep it ? just because of who it came from ????

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
    edited November -1
    This one is for 22 short
  • b0400879b0400879 Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RG10s are the classic Saturday night special.
    Treat it w/ a 10# sledgehammer & then add it to that fine pile.

quote:Originally posted by rong
    Well ,I've been known to collect junk might as well add this to the pile
    edited November -1
    Ah yes,my original thought
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, the inner cities used to be a lot safer when Saturday Night Specials were popular. There was at least a 50% chance that, if you were the intended target, the gun would fail to fire or miss you. Even if you were hit, you had a better chance of surviving a .22 hit than a large caliber one.

Then the Liberals outlawed their importation, so the thugs were forced to upgrade to name brand hi-cap autos, usually 9mm. Now, your chances of surviving a Close Encounter are much lower, unless you get the first shot. And, innocent neighbors are also liable to be accidental victims. Another case of the Law of Unintended Consequences.

You might want to just put it in the safe; you never know when it will be just what you need. You might even get $50-100 for it if there is a gun "buy back" in your area.

Neal