In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

enforcer

BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in Ask the Experts
I see a listing for the Enforcer .30 cal. carbine pistol. I am not interested in bidding. However I would like to know would this gun be legal if it had a stock? Can you purchase a "bolt-on" stock? I assume that it is legal as a "pistol".

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think it's legal with a shoulder stock attached.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    No, adding a butt stock to a pistol makes it a SBR and you have to follow NFA rules....

Unless you also extended the barrel to over 16" as well (pinned or soldered flash hider, etc)
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    It becomes a short barreled rifle and that results in all of the National Firearms Act restrictions. I've seen quite a few of the old Enforcers set up as SBRs with M1A1 type side folding stocks or the commercial under folding types stocks and they make very handy little carbines.
  • BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You confirmed what I thought. Some of these rules are weird.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's your cut down M1 enforcer "handgun".
    UniversalEnforcer20.jpg

The young'uns might think of it as a Ruger Charger on steroids!

Ruger-22-Charger-Pistol.png

quote:
    Originally posted by Bamavol
    You confirmed what I thought. Some of these rules are weird.

You can say that again.

For example, take the "enforcer" gun above. . .its legal.

Hold the pistol grip in one hand and the magazine in the other and shoot it. . .no problem.

Now, take a second pistol grip exactly like the one on the gun and attach it to the forearm. . .and you have an "Any other weapon", which is an NFA-restricted item.

Why? Who knows. . .its another one of these senseless federal BATFE rulings.

Edit: For Alan below; No thread is complete without a picture!
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beantownshootah Curiouser and curiouser! [;)]

Thanks for the photos ... they do tell the story well. [^]
  • Dean CascioDean Cascio Member Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Enforcer is one of the worst guns ever made. I love the .30 Carbine, but the Enforcer is a POS. Never could get mine to run right.
    Dean
  • Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Universal Enforcer was not a particularly reliable weapon.
    The Iver Johnson Enforcer was GI spec., and worked very well. I hjave one of the stainless steel models.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dean Cascio
    The Enforcer is one of the worst guns ever made. I love the .30 Carbine, but the Enforcer is a POS. Never could get mine to run right.
    Dean

Mine was quite useful. Load with a 30 round mag, it jammed after a few shots but having a pistol grip allowed it to function very well as a club. [:o)]