In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Glock trigger, Vanek or Fulcrum?

leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in Ask the Experts
Anyone familiar with Glock triggers? From the google search I did, it seems that this Vanek gunsmith does the end all be all apex of Glock triggers. But he's not cheap, and you have to send your gun off and wait a long time.

I've already been down the replacing this part and that spring and having the mushy light trigger pull that you have to use soft primers or it doesn't shoot job, so I'm kinda weary about doing anything other than a 3.5lb connector and slightly lighter striker spring.

But I was looking at this Glockworx Fulcrum trigger. Apparently it lets you adjust the pretravel and overtravel. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been down that road with my G 20. Unless this Vanek guy is some sort of a magician their is only so much you can do to the trigger pull on a Glock.

If it's just used as a range gun, heck what have you got to lose. Life is short, and you got to spend all you money or your kids will waste it, after your in the ground. On the other hand if you use it as your CCW I wouldn't be screwing with it. Leave it stock, just the way you got it in the Tupperware box.
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is the website for Vanek.
    http://vanekcustom.com/
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me paraphrase:
    quote:Hmm. . .I want a 1911-like trigger. . .how on earth can I find something like that in a handgun. . . [;)]

In all seriousness, I have to question the wisdom of installing a light short-stroke trigger on a gun with no external or grip safety.

Yes, I know that the safety is your brain and following all the rules of safe gun handling, but empirically speaking, not everyone does that 100% of the time.
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote from the glock site i use:to smooth out the glock trigger,order the trigger with trigger bar $10/15.00 replace the trigger,remove 1 pin to disassemble the trigger from the trigger bar? might help...
  • jerryb1127jerryb1127 Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by leeblackman
    Anyone familiar with Glock triggers? From the google search I did, it seems that this Vanek gunsmith does the end all be all apex of Glock triggers. But he's not cheap, and you have to send your gun off and wait a long time.

I've already been down the replacing this part and that spring and having the mushy light trigger pull that you have to use soft primers or it doesn't shoot job, so I'm kinda weary about doing anything other than a 3.5lb connector and slightly lighter striker spring.

But I was looking at this Glockworx Fulcrum trigger. Apparently it lets you adjust the pretravel and overtravel. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

I bought a Ghost 3 1/2 pound "drop-in" trigger on-line for less than $20. When I read the installation instructions, I realized it was not a project that I wanted to initiate, so I took the Glock & the Ghost trigger to a local gunsmith. He charges me $20.00 to install it (and while it was all disassembled, he also gave it a first class clean & lube job.) I am pleased with the result. 'Hope this is helpful to you. [:)]
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onlX3JZ8n58&feature=related
    you can go here and learn alot about different glock tricks, Use caution and I only refer this site for imformation.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah
    Let me paraphrase:
    quote:Hmm. . .I want a 1911-like trigger. . .how on earth can I find something like that in a handgun. . . [;)]

In all seriousness, I have to question the wisdom of installing a light short-stroke trigger on a gun with no external or grip safety.

Yes, I know that the safety is your brain and following all the rules of safe gun handling, but empirically speaking, not everyone does that 100% of the time.

I'm with beanie on this one. If you're using it as a defensive handgun you are asking for trouble monkeying around with the factory internals.

You shoot someone, the first question the Plaintiff's Attorney will be asking is... If Glock refuses to sell their standard Pistol with the 3.5 lb trigger, and clearly states that Glock doesn't recommend its 3.5 lb trigger for a defensive handgun. Why would you change it from what the manufacturer recommends and intended??

Hell that will make Glock happy because they'll be dropped from the wrongful death lawsuit.

Afterall 100,000's of Police Officers depend on Glocks everyday with their standard 5.5 lb trigger, without any ill effects. Why change it?
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Glock 34 that is only ever loaded on the firing line when the RO says "load and make ready" then after that USPSA stage is run says "show me clear" and is unloaded from that point on.

I don't want a 1911 trigger. I have a 1911 with one of those. I love my Glock. In fact my trigger is as light as I want it, I just want to take up some of the pre and over-travel. Vanek is the guy who used to do the work on Julie Goloski's guns when she shot for team glock. He's a well know glock gunsmith who does reputable work but has a really crappy website with bad marketing. I can send my gun to him and he will install a complete new trigger system that he made from factory glock parts, but sends the gun back with my old parts in a bag so all I have to do is swap them back out if my gun is not longer a competition only gun.

The Fulcrum trigger is relatively new, and would allow me to adjust the pre and over travel myself. Its cheaper overall, but I don't know anyone who has used one.
  • jerryb1127jerryb1127 Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by xxx97
    quote from the glock site i use:to smooth out the glock trigger,order the trigger with trigger bar $10/15.00 replace the trigger,remove 1 pin to disassemble the trigger from the trigger bar? might help...

I didn't know that. What's the name of the Glock site?
  • phubbardphubbard Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm an LEO gunsmith and certified Glock Armorer and I carry a G-22 evry day. I install the Ghost Rocket kit (from Brownell's) but will not install the striker spring that comes with the kit. In range tests, the spring that comes with the kit has repeatedly proven to be unreliable and caused light primer strikes in a number of weapons. The rest of the kit works fine. I debur the trigger bar slightly, but do not alter original contours. I also put a little dab of Militech grease on the trigger connector contact area. I have spoken with other experts about the Fulcrum trigger, they say it is ok for punching paper, but in combat situations there were failures. So it is not for me or anyone in my business.