In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CZ 75 B shooters

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Ask the Experts
Have you experience between the 75 B vs the 75 B with the Omega trigger? Curious on your thoughts about which is better.

Comments

• Options
    Manoa-FishermanManoa-Fisherman Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may want to go to the CZ forum at: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php

The forum specializes in CZ issues and would be probably able to answer your question.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No experience with the Omega trigger.

From what I gather, the main advantage of it is that its easier to take down. I can tell you from experience that the normal CZ75 trigger is held in place by roll pins and is a bit of a PITA to work on. If you're not inclined to detail strip your gun and/or work on the trigger (and most individuals will never need or want to do either thing) I don't think this offers much advantage.

Some say the Omega has a slightly better SA pull, but worse DA pull than the stock CZ75B trigger. Again, don't know if this is true or not, but I'd pay a little extra for a noticeable improvement in SA trigger quality.

Still, IMO, ordinary CZ-75B trigger is fine. Its not "match quality", but definitely better than most, and more than good enough for a service type gun. There are smiths that specialize in trigger jobs on these too, and there are things you can do to tweak your trigger. So I don't think you're "stuck" with the stock CZ-75B trigger if you find you're not happy with it or want to alter it.

Only thing I'd add is that I've got a pre-B CZ-75, which is one of the earlier pre-import models without the later added firing pin block safety, and the trigger pull on it is fantastic. Its got a little more creep than a good tuned 1911 trigger, but pull weight feels under 5 lbs and its as good as any trigger on any stock service type gun I've tried. . .probably because it came from pre-lawyered Czechoslovakia! Anyway, I wouldn't touch the trigger on this.

I think CZ currently offers no firing pin block guns (EG CZ Shadow) and something like that might be a good option to consider, too.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah
    No experience with the Omega trigger.

From what I gather, the main advantage of it is that its easier to take down. I can tell you from experience that the normal CZ75 trigger is held in place by roll pins and is a bit of a PITA to work on. If you're not inclined to detail strip your gun and/or work on the trigger (and most individuals will never need or want to do either thing) I don't think this offers much advantage.

Some say the Omega has a slightly better SA pull, but worse DA pull than the stock CZ75B trigger. Again, don't know if this is true or not, but I'd pay a little extra for a noticeable improvement in SA trigger quality.

Still, IMO, ordinary CZ-75B trigger is fine. Its not "match quality", but definitely better than most, and more than good enough for a service type gun. There are smiths that specialize in trigger jobs on these too, and there are things you can do to tweak your trigger. So I don't think you're "stuck" with the stock CZ-75B trigger if you find you're not happy with it or want to alter it.

Only thing I'd add is that I've got a pre-B CZ-75, which is one of the earlier pre-import models without the later added firing pin block safety, and the trigger pull on it is fantastic. Its got a little more creep than a good tuned 1911 trigger, but pull weight feels under 5 lbs and its as good as any trigger on any stock service type gun I've tried. . .probably because it came from pre-lawyered Czechoslovakia! Anyway, I wouldn't touch the trigger on this.

I think CZ currently offers no firing pin block guns (EG CZ Shadow) and something like that might be a good option to consider, too.

Thanks Bean your opinion is always valued. [;)] I can get the omega or standard at the same price on the auction side, just figured I'd get some input.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Thanks Bean your opinion is always valued. [;)] I can get the omega or standard at the same price on the auction side, just figured I'd get some input.

You're welcome, despite the fact that I didn't actually answer your question!

Reading more about this, I uncovered a few others things about Omega: You can't put the standard CZ "Kadet" .22 caliber conversion on an Omega gun, but you can fairly easily swap out the standard safety for a decocker. Also, apparently there is some slight difference in the frame shape between the two.

So far, nothing I've seen or read about this makes me interested in the Omega trigger options, and so if I had this choice, I'd take the CZ75B, and be done with it. I don't really think you can go wrong with that one (and I REALLY like my CZ75 pre B; its my favorite centerfire auto pistol).

If trigger quality is what you're after, there are other options too. I mentioned the "Shadow" gun, but if you don't mind "cocked and locked" you can get a SA only CZ75 that supposedly has a great 1911-like trigger.

While its possible to improve the stock trigger on a CZ75B by removing the (1911 Series 80-like) trigger block safety, I think the conventional wisdom is that deliberately defeating any safety on your gun opens you up to increased liability. So even though the end result is effectively the exact same thing, you're better off buying a gun that omits the trigger safety altogether vs deactivating one that comes in your given gun to improve the trigger pull.