In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

High Standard Sentinel

Budd HammondBudd Hammond Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have a Sentinel NIB 4" blue ser. no. 1017547. Trying to get a handle on what it is worth. Any ideas. Thanks, Budd

Comments

• Budd HammondBudd Hammond Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just aquired a High Standard Model R-106 22 cal. 9 shot. Nickel Finish with White Plastic grips. Gun in 98%+ overall condition.

What is the market price of this gun?
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There was a wide range of variations & accessories. And, there is a wide range of condition. Without photos, we haven't a clue.

You could figure it out yourself by doing an Advanced Search on completed Gunbroker auctions, & see if you can find a similar gun that actually was sold.

Neal
    edited November -1
    Thanks, for the suggestions. I'll try an advanced search, got no results in my search. As I said, this little pistol is New In box, unfired with all papers and the bos looks like it was printed yesterday. Can't be newer than 47 years old. Appreciate your time. Thanks,
    Budd
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    I've seen examples of pistols like your sell in the $250. range. Sentinels were a medium quality revolver, but were extremely popular. And examples in NIB or EX condition have acquired some collector status.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Budd Hammond.....welcome to the ATE GB Forum and thanks for your question. High Standard Sentinel's were a nice little .22 revolver from a company with a great reputation. Over the last several years they have become rather collectible and collectors like them for their simplicity, accuracy (although they are not target pistols by any stretch) and overall quality. While I don't have one, but have shot them, if I had one as you say, NIB, papers and all, complete, it would take three C notes to even begin to talk to me....even in this down market. But, again, photos would be necessary to pin down final value. Hope this helps[^]
    edited November -1
    Gary, thanks for the input. I am familiar w/ the Sentinel and the variations. It's a 9159 which was made from '57 to '64, which is a pretty plain little old pistol. If I remember correctly, they went for way less than a hundred dollars new. I think it's unusual to have found one new in the box, unfired, pristine, everything correct. I want it to go to a High Standard collector that appreciates it and will preserve this kind of history. I will try to hook up thru HS collectors assn. forum.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Budd Hammond
    Gary, thanks for the input. I am familiar w/ the Sentinel and the variations. It's a 9159 which was made from '57 to '64, which is a pretty plain little old pistol. If I remember correctly, they went for way less than a hundred dollars new. I think it's unusual to have found one new in the box, unfired, pristine, everything correct. I want it to go to a High Standard collector that appreciates it and will preserve this kind of history. I will try to hook up thru HS collectors assn. forum.

Bud.....you are welcome. Glad we could be of some help. Good luck with your Sentinel quest[^]