In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can't remove my Bolt from my AR10 Part lll

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in Ask the Experts
This is the new cam pin that Armalite sent me. Quite a bit of difference. New one is on the left.

[img][/img]MVC-AAAAAAAACAMPIN.jpg

Comments

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Made in China?
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's not really 'quite' a change, is it?

Not having the part in my hand, it looks as though (if that 'flat' allows the pin to be removed easier) if the old pin was clocked 90 degrees it would be able to be installed/removed.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    That's not really 'quite' a change, is it?

Not having the part in my hand, it looks as though (if that 'flat' allows the pin to be removed easier) if the old pin was clocked 90 degrees it would be able to be installed/removed.

Well I had to remove the original one a second time to replace it with the new one. The old one came out a bit easier the second time then it did the first time. While for some reason the new one is a bit harder to turn, once it gets into position it pretty much drops right out. It really didn't need a lot of clearance but there's enough to make a big difference.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I would do a little machine work on the old pin and put it in the 20 year box for emergencies.