In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt SAA Stage Coach Box

perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
edited May 2013 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know the serial number range When Colt went from the Black Box to the Stagecoach Box and then the serial number range they dropped The Stage Coach box and went to the Brown paper box with Foam insert. Thanks Perry Shooter

Comments

• john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know the whole range but my SAA .44 Special #421xxSA was shipped 1965 in the Stagecoach Box. Sorry I don't know the month and day.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Thanks John Mine is 48126SA and in a brown paper box With Foam insert.But label has had serial # removed [V] I have an extra Stage coach box Just wanted to have correct Vintage box for my new Purchase. My stage coach box does not have any serial ?
  • john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dug this old box out and it doesn't have a ser. # either. I was mistaken, the gun was shipped in April 1966/ The Stagecoach Box is lined with several layers of corregated paper, hollowed out for the profile of the revolver and has the illustration of six revolver cartridges. Will scan it and post if it will help.
  • JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1956-1960, black box (0001SA-30000SA).

1960-1973, stagecoach box (30000SA-60000SA).

1973 to end of 2nd Gen production, wood grain box (60000SA-73000SA).

As with most everything Colt, the above dates and sn ranges are approximate. Also be aware that reproduction boxes and labels are available.

Johnny
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Thanks Johnny IS Good