In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

pocket holster

rangerange Member Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Ask the Experts
do they make a pocket holster for the glock 19

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been carrying a Glock G 27 in a Blackhawk pocket holster, for over 5 years. ( Carhart Washed Duck work pants, with suspenders).

Since the G 19 is bigger/heavier than the G 27. Packing it in a pocket holster. Not going to be easy. Concealment wise. I carry 2 heavy key rings, and a Gerber folder on the left side, to partially balance the weight of the Glock.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The G19 at 1 3/4 lbs loaded is too heavy and bulky for pocket carry.
    The jockstrap style conceals best and distributes weight around your waist under your pants.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found even the G26 and G36 can sometimes be an issue in a pocket holster depending on the pants. The only guns I found will work are the J frame sized revolvers and the G42/P238 sized semiautos.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I carry my G-19 in a good quality IWP holster.
    It's too big for pocket carry [^]
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by range
    do they make a pocket holster for the glock 19

Yes.

There are any number of holsters that could work for pocket carry of a Glock 19. EG, DeSantis "Pocket Tuck" and "Nemesis" are models they say will work for this.

The largest Uncle Mikes pocket holster (#4) would probably work, though it wouldn't be optimal. I'm sure there are others out there.

Its quite possible to modify a conventional IWB holster to be used as a pocket holster simply by removing the clip (or even not. . .depending on which side and pocket), and (maybe if necessary) bulking up the sides so it doesn't rotate.

Lastly a custom pocket holster for this shouldn't cost too much, if you wanted to have one made.

As already mentioned as a simple compact pistol "most people" would probably find the Glock 19 too large to carry in a conventional pocket (ie normal sized pants pocket).

Maybe if you're a giant, or the pocket in question is some sort of external (or internal) jacket or cargo pocket this would work.

Remember, Its not enough for the gun to just "fit" into the pocket, there also has to be enough EXTRA room in there for you to get your hand onto the butt of the gun to grab it, and clearance to pull it out. If the gun is too large you won't be able to get it out quickly, it will probably "print" (or worse), and it will also be uncomfortable to sit down.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    years ago I had the pocket altered and made not to sag carried a glock 30