In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

41 mag ???

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
A buddy of mine asked me about a 41 that his buddy has for sale. He said it is 6" Stainless with a fluted cylinder and it's ported. My first thought was that it was a S&W 657 hunter, however if I remember correctly all of those had smooth cylinders. I can't think of a Ruger that would fit that description, and not sure about Tuarus. Just throwing it out here for a little info. Any other ideas as to what it might be sight un seen? Thanks.

Todd

Comments

• 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess is Taurus. I'm 99.9% sure Smith didn't factory port any of their 41 Magnum revolvers, so unless someone did work on it aftermarket I'd go with Taurus.

No secret that Taurus has QC challenges, but I have a ported "Total Titanium" with 2.5" barrel in 41 Magnum and it works fine. The porting even works well, otherwise shooting a 23 oz 41 wouldn't be much fun.
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Dan Wesson has a fluted cylinder and they have some that are ported.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.