In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gustav Genschow garden gun, needs extractor...

jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Ask the Experts
Picked up a Gustav Genschow & Co ALFA garden gun. Decent shape, but it is missing the extractor, or at least most of it. Looks like some of the American made single shot 22's, and others from Europe as well (BRNO, etc) but not sure if other extractors will fit. The extractor is basically the lower half of the chamber, and attached to a long arm that is pulled back when the bolt is pulled to the rear. Anyone know where to even start to look for one?

Well, not sure why my computer doesn't like the angelfire link, but I cannot see it. I found the front of the extractor, but the bottom of it that rides under the bolt is missing.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to post a pic or 2 of what you have or go look at all the single shot mechanisms extractor styles like a Remington rolling block, Stevens, H&R, Winchester, etc. Most likely you will be making the part as finding something close enough to "fit" is doubtful.

added: good work guys that looks like an easy part to make. the cut and paste trick worked for me.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a photo of what it looks like. Got it off the net. Not going to be easy to find. Likely the original, probably would date to the 1920's or earlier?

jga-012s.jpg
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    rufe-snow's link is being blocked. Here is a direct link to his picture:

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/rpsco/images/jga-012s.jpg

EDIT:

I am able cut & paste the link, and, then, I can see the picture.

+++++++++++++