In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Identify these grips

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
I need help identifying these grips.

The first set is for a semi auto pistol. They are made from black plastic and are about 3 1/16" top to bottom, about 1 13/16" across the bottom, and about 1 1/8" across the top.

[img][/img]DSCF10065.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10074.JPG

The second pair are for a revolver. They are made of reddish brown plastic and are about 3" top to bottom and about 1 1/2" across the bottom.

[img][/img]DSCF10401.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF1041.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10421.JPG

Any info will be appreciated!

Comments

• GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need help identifying these grips. Thanks in advance.

[img][/img]DSCF10361.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10336.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10354.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10372.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10345.JPG
  • GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need help to identify which pistol these grips fit. They appear to be new. The right grip measures two inches across the top, 1 1/2 inches across the bottom, and 2 7/8 inches perpendiculary top to bottom. Any info will be appreciated!

[img][/img]DSCF10109.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF101110.JPG
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1rst set, Makarov?
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    SEMI Auto grips most likely made after the 1968 gun control act for pocket pistol made in EUROPE the thumbrest as part of point system to allow it being imported. the second pair looks like a colt revolver but too corse checkering on them
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Makarov grip retaining screw goes thru the back of the grip.

Karl, I believe is correct. The grips are aftermarket for the Hungarian pistols, sold in the U.S. "Target" type grips gave them a higher BATF point score, for importation.

Below is photo of one of the pistols. There were many different similar models. In 32 ACP, .380 & 9mm Makarov calibers.

1349966213.jpg
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    High Standard made similar checkered plastic grips, for some of their revolvers. This was years ago. They made many different models, between the 50's and 70's.

The grips in your post resemble them. Because the checkering, color and lack of markings.

209hvvc.jpg
  • BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...these grips fit the FEG-manufactured pistols:

DSCF10065.JPG

They were sold under many different names, by several importers: KBI, Interarms, APK, PA-63 & AP-MBP come to mind, and in a few calibers: .22LR, .32ACP, and .380ACP (maybe 9mm Makarov).

+++++++++