In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trigger for U9 Herters

CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
edited February 2013 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone make an after market trigger for the BSA actioned Herters U9? I've looked at Timiny with no results. I know factory parts are almost impossible to find.
Any help would be great.
Thank you.
W.D.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I thought the U9 was the same as mauser 98 that interarms used to import . Have you talked to the tech department at Brownell's
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I'll check on that Karl.
    Thanks.
    W.D.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    Heter's imported the U-9 and the J-9, one was a M-98 mauser clone the other was made by BSA (i don't remember which was which tho [?]) a picture would help.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The U-9 is a BSA. The J-9 is a Mauser. I don't know of an after-market trigger for BSA's but the trigger in your rifle is adjustable. Get a copy of "Bolt Action Rifles" by Frank de Haas. Maybe your local library can find one for you to borrow. That book describes how to adjust the trigger. If you don't want to do this yourself, a gunsmith (if you can find one anymore!) might be able to do this work for you.

Incidently, removing the bolt from these rifles seems to be a mystery. Raise the bolt handle and slide the bolt half way back now press the trigger HARD forward, hold this pressure and slide the bolt out. That method works with one of my BSA rifles but not the other one: With that rifle, I have to open the bolt part way and insert the long leg of an Allen wrench (3/32" or so) into the race way next to the bolt. That seems to bind the sear in the down position and allows the bolt to come out. A similar procedure was required to remove the bolt from Remington 600 and early Model Seven rifles.