In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BertH, got a question sir...?

jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
Bert, is Bob Knapp still in business in Maine? If so, any idea if he works on Marlin lever guns as well as the Winchester lever gun? Some are looking for some one to work on Marlin take down 1893s as to the take down lever. I have one but the lever is OK however have passed on several that were too loose or even spot welded shut. Would love to find some one who works on them. I know Mr. Knapp did a great job on my Winchester 1873 22 LR. IF he is still around and working, would lbe great if he does Marlins as well.
Appreciate any info you can provide.

Comments

• RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    try "winchesterbob.com"
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JJ,

I do not know who works on the Marlins these days... but they do make great tomato plant stakes[:o)]
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    I know Bert but even tomatos have to have something to grow on!!![:o)]
  • laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A waste of a good Marlin. Find a M21, take a pair of pliers to the ribs, and you'll get TWO tomato stakes !!!!
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    JJ,

I do not know who works on the Marlins these days... but they do make great tomato plant stakes[:o)]

In the rows next to the LC Smith's?????[:0][:0][:0]

What do you use for bean poles????

Best
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    JJ,

I've seen Larry's Marlins, better be some damned good tomatoes.[;)]
    JJ, this guy is supposed to be good on old Marlins:
    http://www.johntaylormachine.com/38.0.html
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Another thread on here is asking Dave, will pass it on. I have passed on buying several marlin 1893 take downs due to loose take down levers and that was what the other thread was about. One gent looking for some one to work on a 1893 take down lever. I have a 1893 take down in 38-55 in great condition but would have bought some more I have ran across however have found them to have very loose take down levers OR take down levers tack welded shut! Now that I might find some one to fix em, might buy a few I run across being they usually are very reasonable due to the take own lever needing work.